A few years ago I was at a place in my life where I just didn’t know what I wanted. My relationship had ended (badly), my house was about to be foreclosed on, my job was incredibly unsatisfying and I was $30,000 in debt. My life was in shambles and I had no idea what I wanted or how to make it better. Help arrived in the form of a little blue kayak which was a birthday gift from my friends. When on the water my mind would clear, my negative thoughts would subside and my body would relax. At some point along the journey I had a few AHA moments and realized what I wanted, what was important to me and I have been “going for it” ever since. This is what I wrote at that time:
- I want my home to be relaxing, simple, joyful and low maintenance
- I want to earn my living doing work that I find meaningful and that brings others to a better place/space
- I want to be debt free leaving my options for semi-retirement wide open
- I want to share my life with a partner that enjoys the simple things in life that I have to offer
- I want to spend my time doing things I enjoy with people I care about
- I want to do my part to leave this earth a better place then I found it
- I want to live below my means with a focus on people, relationships, the environment – not stuff
Once I knew what I wanted, I started to make changes to my life that have had amazing consequences on my health, wealth and overall happiness. I guess I became unstuck! I crushed my debt, quit my job, fell in love, moved closer to my family and maximized my time on the lake doing activities that I love.
My Little Blue Kayak is my happy place and I go there to gain a better understanding of how to stay on track with living my life in the active pursuit of my destination! In My Little Blue Kayak I am learning to pay attention to my AHA moments of insight that gently guide me in the direction of abundant health, wealth and happiness. I share them with you in the hope that they nudge you to pay attention to your own AHA moments. Or at least give you a laugh!
Thanks for coming along for the ride!!
Questions? Comments? Contact me…